23.7.08

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

After a recent trip to Michigan, I've fallen in love again. Prior to the trip, I had remarkably and inexplicably fallen out of love with most of my recorded music. Maybe we had just grown tired of one another, as can happen with long time sweetie tune! Yet, all it took was a good tip from a friend at Capitol Records (thanks, Lance!) and a gentle push from a friend and new daddy, the knowledge-wealthy music guru who got me back into the swing. Back in the groove would be more appropriate for what Sharon Jones and her undeniably tight backing band, the Dap Kings, have done for me and my tired ears. Seek out this diva and her fellas to have your muscial spirit renewed by the nouveau masters of the decades old soul trade. It was all spurred on down in Georgia by the Hardest Workin' Man in Show Business (r.i.p.J.B.) and the Dap Kings help the lovely Ms. Jones to carry on the funky tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?